Gupta Consultancy - Objectives
GUPTA CONSULTANCY is an independent agency without affiliation to any other organisation. It was founded in 1993 by Himu Gupta. The consultancy uses fully qualified and experienced associate members as sub-contracters for specialist areas of work under the direction of Senior Consultant, Himu Gupta. Gupta Consultancy specialises in providing services for both the public and independent sector in Social Care, Health Care, Education, Engineering, Tourism and Hospitality, Human Resourcing, the Leisure Industry and Housing - and operates world-wide.
The main objectives of the agency are to:
These objectives are achieved by:
- provide internationally recognised Auditor Training Programmes in quality systems with particular reference to ISO 9001:2008 in association with Quality and Environmental Development Corporation.
- act as a consultancy for organisations, both in the public and the independent sector, wishing to introduce a quality system to set standards and to evaluate outcomes.
- develop and support quality systems in Social Care, Health Care, Education, Engineering, Tourism and Hospitality, Human Resourcing, the Leisure Industry and Housing.
- assist and support organisations in understanding the value of introducing a good quality system and to work with other consultants, where necessary, in order to emphasise customer satisfaction and cost effectiveness.
- ensuring that Gupta Consultancy has a good organisational culture by providing a quality service to its customers with courtesy and politeness.
- using an innovative and facilitative approach and encouraging organisations to do likewise.
- encouraging organisations to use their existing resources most efficiently and effectively.
- mentoring and supporting organisations during and after the development of quality systems and best value.
- ensuring objective outcomes by assisting organisations to self-monitor, evaluate and to audit.
- emphasising the importance of customer involvement and customer satisfaction.
- being customer centred and outcome centred.